Our Mission, Goals, and Objectives
Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally-funded TRIO program that provides opportunities for academic development, assists scholars in meeting basic college requirements, and serves to motivate scholars towards the successful completion of their post-secondary education. Although each program is different, we all have the same purpose: to retain and graduate the scholars we serve. Check out our mission, goals, & objectives for TRIO Student Support Services at Washington State University below.
Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded TRIO program committed to the success of first-generation, low-income, and/or scholars with disabilities. Our mission is to empower scholars to:
- Develop the necessary skills, knowledge, and attributes to complete a post-secondary education.
- Achieve maximum academic success and career readiness.
- Graduate as skilled, self-actualizing professionals and global citizens who lead through best practices and lifelong learning.
SSS will provide services to 160 scholars in order to increase persistence, retention, and graduation rates of low income, first generation, and scholars with disabilities by:
- Assisting scholars in acquiring the necessary skills, knowledge, and attributes to complete a post-secondary education.
- Maximizing opportunities for financial assistance by improving the financial and economic literacy of scholars.
- Increasing awareness of graduate and professional options.
The Student Support Services program at WSU Pullman will meet the following grant objectives:
- Serve 160 scholars each year.
- Assure that 2/3 of scholars qualify as first-generation and low-income, or disabled.
- 88% of all scholars serviced will persist from one academic year to the beginning of the next academic year.
- 86% of all enrolled scholars served by SSS will meet the performance level required to stay in good academic standing.
- 70% of new scholars served each year will graduate within six years.